Annual Training Requirement
All New Mexico judges are required to attend the annual training specific to their jurisdiction. For example, magistrate judges are required to attend the annual Magistrate Judges Conference and district judges are required to attend the Judicial Conclave.
If you are unable to attend your annual training due to illness, physical disability, personal or family emergencies, or other unanticipated and unpreventable occurrences, then you will need to do the following.
- Send a written request for excusal to the Chief Justice of the New Mexico Supreme Court explaining the circumstances.
- Once you receive the written excusal from the Chief Justice, please forward a copy of that excusal to the attention of JEC either by fax at 505-277-7064 or by email at j.
- If recorded, after the training, you must request JEC to send copies of the materials and recordings to you.
- JEC will send you a CJE Self-Study form and a deadline for viewing the recordings and returning the CJE form back to JEC.
- All self-study must be completed by December 1 of the year of the program.