We will only reimburse travel expenses for members of the New Mexico judiciary who have:
- applied for travel funding to an educational program by submitting our online funding request form; and
- have been approved for travel funding prior to travel.
Important! The policy below does not apply to travel funding for JEC programs.
Travel Expenses We Reimburse
|Expense||Expense Description||Receipt Required?|
|Airfare||Reasonably priced coach airfare (i.e., 30 days advance purchase).||Yes - showing method of payment and itinerary.|
|Airport Parking||Long-term airport parking.||Yes|
|Ground Transportation||Taxi, shuttle, subway, etc. to/from airport only provided a free shuttle service is not available.||Yes|
|Lodging||Room and tax only up to the published conference room rate. For room charges exceeding the published rate, the difference will not be borne by JEC.||Yes - showing method of payment and zero balance due.|
|Meals||IRS meal per diem rate (M&IE column) for the destination city for any meals that you purchased that were not provided at the program you attended.||No|
Minimum of 30 miles one-way at $0.45 per mile with personal vehicle. Map mileage will be used from court city to/from originating airport. Mileage used in lieu of air travel will only be reimbursed up to the cost of coach airfare.
|Registration||Reimbursement up to the early bird rate.||Yes - showing method of payment and zero balance due.|
Travel Expenses We Do Not Reimburse
- Car rental and associated expenses: exceptions to this will only be considered if there are extenuating circumstances and if a written request is submitted to and approved by JEC prior to travel.
- Continuing Legal Education credits
- Membership fees, non-member registration, and guest fees
- Personal expenses: alcohol, room service, telephone calls, postage, laundry, movies, entertainment, etc.
- Cancellations or changes: any fees incurred due to changes or cancellations.
Our reimbursement procedures provides step-by-step instructions for claiming travel expenses.