Free Webinar: Silver Hair and Black Robe - Dec. 6, 2011
Join the National Judicial College, the ABA Judicial Division and Senior Lawyers Division for this free webinar that addresses matters that the more mature judge (or judges of any age) need to know to plan for their future. The webinar will air on Wednesday, December 6, 2011, at 11:00 a.m. MST.
The webinar will address topics such as:
- Financial planning for retirement (do you know what financial resources will be available to you, including how much is enough?)
- Housing options and challenges
- Health care advanced directives for you and your spouse
- Social Security benefits, including outlining the windfall elimination provision and government pension offset
- Estate Planning
- Kids/Grandkids and special needs
In addition, the webinar will highlight the American Bar Association’s Checklist for Family Heirs: A Guide to Family History, Financial Plans and Final Wishes.
Presenters include: Walter T. Burke, Esq. of Burke & Casserly who focuses his practice on elder law; trusts and estates; corporation and business succession planning; financial, retirement and tax planning and serves as chair of the Elder Law Committee for the ABA Senior Lawyers Division and Hon. William Dressel, president of the National Judicial College since 2000 and former judge for 22 years for the 8th Judicial District, State of Colorado.
To register for the webinar, judges simply need to click on this web address: register.judges.org, click register, and enter the required information. Please contact the registrar’s office at (800) 255-8343 if you have any difficulties in registering for the webinar.