Revenue & Expenses
Between fiscal years (FY) 2010 and 2011:
- General Fund (GEN) fee revenue and expenses increased by 14% and 35%, respectively.*
- Municipal Fund (MUN) fee revenue and expenses decreased by 2.3% and 16.7%, respectively.*
- General Appropriations (GA) revenue was cut by 25% in FY 2011 and expenses increased by 25%. During the 2011 legislative session GA revenue was cut by 100% beginning in FY 2012.
- Total revenue and expenses increased by 4.2% and 13.9%, respectively.
*The expense increase and decrease in GEN and MUN, respectively, are largely due to new judge orientations. In 2010 we offered a new municipal judge orientation and this year we offered a new magistrate judge orientation. New judge orientation years typically show an increase in expenses.
Click on the images to enlarge.
Non-JEC Programs & Projects
We also provided partial funding for other judicial education programs and projects in the state. These included:
Each year we set aside funding for members of the New Mexico judiciary to attend educational programs not offered by JEC.
Here are some quick stats.
- 54 funding requests received
- 54 funding requests approved
- 6 cancellations
- 48 trips funded
Of these requests, 6 judges attend the National Judicial College's new judge trainings:
- 3 magistrate judges attended the Special Court Jurisdiction course.
- 3 district judges attended the General Jurisdiction course.
In spite of the large number of requests we received, the requests dropped by 20% compared to FY 2010.